Monday, June 16, 2014

Why I Write

Even at this point in my life, I'm still trying to figure out who I am in a sense, but it is quite hard to explain. I know my identity, the one that was given to me by my parents, but it is what I can do that is still a mystery to me. Now I have been told things that I'm good at such as poetry or writing. So I thought it necessary to explain to those who read what I write the reasoning and motives as to why I would consider doing such a thing in the first place putting my thoughts out there for most of the world to read and critique. Some of you think that this is crazy, but commendable at best. Others may agree or disagree, but no matter the outcomes that may come about in the minds of those who read these I will continue to write what I feel should be written, what I feel needs to be read.

Anyway, now that I'm done chasing rabbits down the rabbit hole, I will discuss what all of you came here to read in the first place. I have a lot to say, and writing seems to be a great way for me to do so. Behind that is a better reason as to why I write, I want people to see Christ in me through my writing. As a Christian I have always had trouble openly telling people about Christ. Evangelism is a very hard thing for me, besides the tracks I hand out to people every now and then that contain the information for me so that the gospel is right there for them to read. Giving someone something to read has always been a lot easier to me than trying to explain myself  to others out loud, because until I hit publish, what I write is simply just me writing to myself and nothing more then that. So when I publish what I write it is simply my thoughts to the world of the Internet. When I write I don't have to worry about not being loud enough, or if my words are coming out clear or jumbled or if I am pronouncing things right to the person that I am talking to.

My thoughts are seemingly clearer in my head, but it is when these thoughts are put into words by my mouth that problem are to arise. So I have decided it best to form words not through my mouth, but through my fingers instead. Lastly. I want to be known as a person who loves the Lord, I'm not perfect. I will always be imperfect, it initially is of no fault of my own but I can continue to attempt to do better, and hope that others will see Christ in my actions, my words both written and spoken. I want to be a megaphone for Christ, not to be known as a writer but as the writer who writes for Christ. These are the reasons I write, thee writings are nothing fancy, if anything they make up a small sliver of an even bigger group of writers that are much better than I will ever be. These reasons may never be of any importance to any of you reading this, but they are of great importance to me and how I wish foe the lost world to find out who I am and who I wish to represent all of the years of my life. Thank you all for reading my thoughts today, and until nest time God Bless every single one of you.

-The Christian

No comments: