Friday, June 20, 2014

Trouble with Studying the Word

Tonight I want to just take a few moments and be humble, I have been struggling to study the Word of God as I should be. Time is not really an issue here, but it is a matter of keeping myself focused on devoting my time to the Word. I used to be really devoted to that, reading the Word at least a half hour a day. Part of the reason being is I think that I need a specific topic to study, I've been thinking of maybe doing a study on the women of the bible. This got me thinking, if I struggle with reading my bible and getting alone with God as I should each and every day, I know there are other Christians that are struggling with the same thing because in the end Christians are human too.

Now let me clarify here a little bit. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and I honestly don't know why I am struggling to read God's Word, but I'm going to do what I can to get back on the path to reading and praying every day, setting that time aside for me and the Lord. After all I think that we all owe this precious time to the Lord. Christ himself, who lived a sinless life and also a life of innocence was crucified for my sins. The hurt he suffered for me, a sinner who deserves to be in a place totally separated from the love of God. This brings tears to my eyes as I write this. We all need God, we are lost without him and his love, and guidance in our lives. No matter what I do in life, that is sinful I know by God's endless grace I am forgiven.

I don't mean to ramble on here and take up the time that you have today, but then again if you are either on Facebook or looking through blogs, I guess you have allotted this time for such things. Thanks for reading, next time i hope to have something of more importance to talk about, but until then thanks for reading and God Bless you all!

-The Christian


No comments: