Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Dreaded "C" Word

Most likely those of you that are reading this today have had someone in the family or close to the family that has been diagnosed with cancer, the word that continues to bring sadness and fear to everyone. The truth is I know all too well what that word can do to those who are diagnosed. Sitting here today as I have done for the past few weeks, I have a lot of time to think. Dealing with cancer isn't easy, and I wish I could say that I never had the experience to deal with the tragedy of a loved one being diagnosed, but that isn't the case.

The darkness of that time was like no other, but I can honestly say that my walk with the Lord was non-existent at this period in my life. So that is why I would like to take a moment to say that God has a hand in everything in our lives no matter how small that thing may be. The Lord brought me out of that situation and into his arms and into a wonderful church that to this day continues to help me grow in Christ and God's Word. I never understood how I lived without God in my heart, I would always try to do good and do my best but I always knew something was missing. If I had a chance to go back and change the time when my grandfather got sick with cancer, I would do it all over again, because it was god's way of bringing me closer to him. The Lord knows what he is doing, so it is up to us to have faith in him and his will for our lives.

I don't know what is currently taking place in any one's life that is reading this right now, but I do know this I know that God knows our hearts better than anybody ever will here on earth. I urge you to make time to spend with God each and every day in prayer, thought and God's Word as well. He loves when we talk to him, when we cry out to him and tell him what is on our heart, but we also need to spend equal time listening to what God has to say to us. Sitting there and simply talking to God won't help us, we need to also listen as well. There will never be a prayer that goes unanswered, for the Lord answers every prayer that is sent to him. I have heard the phrase "Well God didn't answer my prayers!" but the thing is you either aren't listening or you are refusing the answer that god has given you because it's not the answer that you wanted. I guess what I am getting at is that no matter the situation God will be here, it is us that walks away from God and not the other way around. Our God is greater than any earthly thing that you will ever face my friend. Thanks for reading friends! May the Lord bless all of you.

-The Christian


No comments: